UNWANTED FURNITURE NEEDED
Oriel Davies Gallery is seeking donations of unwanted furniture from the residents of Newtown and surrounding areas. We are looking for items to create and furnish The Drawing Room, which takes place at the gallery from 22 October 2016 to 25 February 2017.
We are looking for fully functioning furniture items that fit the following criteria:
- Period furniture or more recent
- Big or small (but should be domestic)
- No flat-pack type furniture or chipboard
- No electricals but lampshades (on their own) are welcome
- No items in a total state of disrepair or collapse
The Drawing Room
A creative, social space, where art, performance, craft and film will be made, shared and inspired.
Working in collaboration with artists and the public, Oriel Davies Gallery is creating The Drawing Room, a curiously inviting room assembled from found, collected, customized and bespoke objects. Everyday items from sofas, cabinets and tables, to books, soft furnishings and ornaments will be created and redefined.
From 22 October to the 25 February 2017 The Drawing Room will be a multi-use space - an artist studio, boutique cinema, stage set, newsroom... A place for ideas, where discussion, learning, creativity and play will be encouraged. A space for hanging out and entertaining friends – Newtown’s living room in an art gallery.
Making a donation offer….
Send your donation offers by email to email@example.com before 30 September 2016. The email should include:
- Subject heading: Furniture Donation Offer
- A photograph of the item
- Your contact details (full name, postcode, telephone number, email address)
- Size / dimensions of the item
- Confirmation that the item does not need to be returned
- We will only be able to receive some donation offers and only those receiving an email confirming acceptance will be taken.
- Due to limited storage space we will only be able to take receipt of donated items from early September.
- All donations will need to be delivered to Oriel Davies Gallery directly as we are unable to collect.
For details about The Drawing Room go to www.orieldavies.org/en/exhibition/drawing-room
To join The Drawing Room discussion online go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/126604954413013
Published 14 July 2016