Oriel Davies Gallery - Trustees wanted
Oriel Davies Gallery is one of the leading galleries in Wales and the principal contemporary visual arts venue for the Mid Wales and Welsh Borders region. We are looking for two new trustees to join our enthusiastic and dedicated Board in May 2020. We meet quarterly as a Board plus one AGM, with staff and trustees meeting throughout the year to focus on specific activities or topics.
Our vision is to inspire, excite, engage and challenge through innovative contemporary visual art and culture. We aim to do this by delivering an inclusive, welcoming programme of education, participation and engagement activities that are relevant to the lives of our communities.
We are particularly looking for trustees who have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: accounting & finance, fundraising, marketing and comms, PR and sponsorship, human resources, artists and makers whose practice is aligned with the Oriel Davies Mission and Vision.
We are determined to welcome new voices from diverse backgrounds onto our Board. We want to ensure our trustees reflect and represent all our diverse communities, be that through their race, gender, sexuality, age, language, ethnic / national origins, religion or belief, disability, financial status, or in where they live.
We welcome applications from people who have
- A commitment to Oriel Davies Gallery and its work
- A willingness to devote time and expertise
- Good, independent judgement
- The ability to think creatively and share ideas
- A willingness to speak their mind
- Understood and accepted the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- The ability to respect confidences
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A commitment to adhering to the Nolan Committee’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Terms of Appointment
This is a voluntary position and is not remunerated. Expenses can be claimed.
Further information and how to apply
If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please email Andrew Oxenham, Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please submit your CV, a covering letter, and the equality and diversity monitoring form available below to Andrew Oxenham, Chair, at email@example.com. or by post to Andrew Oxenham, Chair, Oriel Davies Gallery, The Park, Newtown, Powys SY16 3NZ.
Application deadline Thursday 30th April 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with representatives of the Board in early May, in order that the appointments can be considered at the Board Meeting on Wednesday 20th May 2020.