Marketing and Comms
Opportunity: Marketing and Communications Officer
We're looking for someone to tell our stories
Marketing and Communications Officer
Oriel Davies connects people with contemporary art and culture in Mid Wales, providing opportunities to experience artists working within a Welsh context in a stimulating, engaging, inclusive and welcoming environment.
We are one of the leading galleries in Wales and the principal contemporary visual arts venue for the Mid Wales and Welsh Borders region. We are a meeting place for communities and society. We play an important role in creating spaces that are relevant to our local communities by working in partnership to deliver diverse, inclusive and meaningful programmes, opportunities and experiences.
Our story feeds into our programme. We celebrate the green spaces, the environment, the River Severn, the Montgomeryshire Canal, our industrial and agricultural heritage, our history. We look to the Davies Sisters, Robert Owen, David Davies, Laura Ashley and Pryce Pryce Jones. We want to tell these stories through contemporary, creative responses.
We're a Living Wage employer, committed to Equality and Diversity, we have zero tolerance to racism.
We welcome applications from anyone who has the skills we're looking for.
What we are looking for -
- Developing and managing the implementation of effective marketing, communications and audience development strategies for Oriel Davies.
- Planning and executing effective marketing campaigns to maximise attendance at events and ticket revenues where applicable.
- Managing all advertising, print distribution, direct mail and other marketing campaigns.
- To write and share press releases with local and national media.
- To engage and present to local and national media.
- Contributing to the status, profile and promotion of the visual arts locally, nationally and where appropriate, internationally
- Develop our online identity by reaching new audiences via social media and online digital content. This might be Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other audio and video channels.
- To actively promote and record organisational activity bilingually (in Welsh and English) via social media channels
- To portray our vision and tell our story through the events that take place in an exciting and accessible way.
- To schedule posts to promote upcoming events
- To write and manage our newsletter.
- To engage our audience beyond a sales position.
- Creating artwork and ads from artist and event assets
- To provide relevant marketing material, information labels, interpretative material panels etc for projects, activities, exhibitions, and events including producing press releases, providing copy, production of printed material and developing links with the media.
- Develop in-house marketing and publicity
- To meet and set financial targets
- To work with suppliers to get best value, most sustainable options
- Develop sponsorship opportunities with suppliers
- To work with Visitor Experience Managers to develop membership scheme
- To input and manage website content and liaise with webhosts
- Supporting development of online sales
- To monitor, evaluate and report on activity.
- To work closely with the Director.
- To carry out any other duties consistent with the position as may be required
Period of Contract 12 months initially with potential to renew to permanent
Probation Period 3 months
Holiday entitlement: 20 days per year, plus Bank Holidays, plus TOIL
12 month contract (with potential to be permanent), three days per week, based primarily in Newtown (flexible office and WFH). Core hours 9.15 – 3.15, Office hours 9-5. Some weekend and evening work will be necessary.
- Gallery events
- Discounted food
- Employee discount
- Shop discount
- Good workplace pension
This new role will deliver the organisation’s day-to-day marketing and communications activity, as well as working closely with the Director to shape the organisation’s marketing and audience development strategies, our profile and communications.
The candidate will preferably have a minimum of three years’ experience in a marketing role having delivered innovative campaigns that have exceeded sales or engagement targets. This is desirable
Essential skills include some experience of brand implementation; CRM systems and data management; developing online content through website, social media and SEO activity; budget management; press and media planning and delivery, developing creative concepts and commissioning and producing content for audience engagement and stakeholder feedback.
In addition, you will have excellent communication and written skills with an interest in telling stories, have the flexibility to adapt to changing needs and deadlines, and have a passion and commitment to the arts and to equality and diversity.
The ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh is desirable for this post, including basic conversational Welsh language, “Welsh in the Workplace” skills and a willingness to develop those skills if not fluent.
£15,812 for 3 days per week (£26,353 FTE) based on 37.5 hours per week
email email@example.com with "Marchnata Marketing" in the subject line. Send a CV and covering letter.